BUC_CV_00228-en
Title: BUC_CV_00228-en Reference code: BUC_CV_00228Title: View on the Military Circle and Elisabeta BoulevardPhotographer: unknownDate: c. 1930-1940Physical description: Dimensions: 11 x 15,7 cmNotes: Conservation status: Technique: silver gelatine printLocation: BucharestComments: The Military Circle was built on the place occupied by the S─ârindar Monastery demolished in 1896, at the intersection between Calea Victoriei and Elisabeta Boulevard. Built according to the plans of the architect Dimitrie Maimarolu between 1911 - 1916, officially inaugurated in 1923 after the completion of the works interrupted by the First World War. During the communist period it was called the Central House of the Army.Digitization: Serioja Bocsok, Larisa SitarKeywords: exterior, urban, architecture, Calea Victoriei, Military Circle, Regina Elisabeta Boulevard, terrace, passersby, men, women, urban costume, advertisements, signsRelated images: Legal rights: Collection of Mihai and Anca Oroveanu