BUC_CV_00235-en
Title: BUC_CV_00235-en Reference code: BUC_CV_00235Title: Central House of the ArmyPhotographer: unknownDate: c. 1960-1970Physical description: Dimensions: 6,1 x 7,6 cmNotes: Conservation status: Technique: black and white film negativeLocation: BucharestComments: The Military Circle was built on the place occupied by the S─ârindar Monastery demolished in 1896, at the intersection between Calea Victoriei and Elisabeta Boulevard. Built according to the plans of the architect Dimitrie Maimarolu between 1911 - 1916, officially inaugurated in 1923 after the completion of the works interrupted by the First World War. During the communist period it was called the Central House of the Army.Digitization: Serioja Bocsok, Larisa SitarKeywords: exterior, architecture, Calea Victoriei, Elisabeta Boulevard, Military Circle, square, passersby, cars, urban costumeRelated images: Legal rights: Collection of Mihai and Anca Oroveanu