BUC_CV_00240-en
Title: BUC_CV_00240-en Reference code: BUC_CV_00240Title: Military Circle SqaurePhotographer: unknownDate: c. 1928-1936Physical description: reproduction of a photographDimensions: 3,5 x 3,7 cmNotes: Conservation status: Technique: black and white film negativeLocation: BucharestComments: he Military Circle was built on the place occupied by the S─ârindar Monastery demolished in 1896, at the intersection between Calea Victoriei and Elisabeta Boulevard. Built according to the plans of the architect Dimitrie Maimarolu between 1911 - 1916, officially inaugurated in 1923 after the completion of the works interrupted by the First World War. During the communist period it was called the Central House of the Army.Digitization: Serioja Bocsok, Larisa SitarKeywords: exterior, architecture, Calea Victoriei, Elisabeta Bloulevard, square, passersby, cars, men, women, urban costumeRelated images: Legal rights: Collection of Mihai and Anca Oroveanu