BUC_CV_00390-en
Title: BUC_CV_00390-en Reference code: BUC_CV_00390Title: View of the Elisabeta Boulevard and Military CirclePhotographer: unknownDate: c. 1925-1935Physical description: Dimensions: 12,9 x 17,7 cmNotes: Conservation status: Technique: black and white glass negativeLocation: BucharestComments: The Military Circle was built on the place occupied by the S─ârindar Monastery demolished in 1896, at the intersection between Calea Victoriei and Elisabeta Boulevard. Built according to the plans of the architect Dimitrie Maimarolu between 1911 - 1916, officially inaugurated in 1923 after the completion of the works interrupted by the First World War. During the communist period it was called the Central House of the Army.Digitization: Serioja Bocsok, Larisa SitarKeywords: exterior, urban, architecture, Calea Victoriei, Military Circle, Elisabeta Boulevard, Grand Hotel du Boulevard, terrace, square, passersby, men, urban costume, cars, trams, carriagesRelated images: Legal rights: Collection of Mihai and Anca Oroveanu